Thank you for a safe and exciting BUV Competition. Thanks also to Tuff Torq Corporation and Yanmar Corporation for sponsoring the event!
Scoring: There were a few slight score corrections from the point totals announced. The only change that affected team rankings Trine’s score on Spec Check which caused Trine and UC Club to switched positions. Trine received a “0” for Spec Check by mistake. The scorekeeper did not see or possibly receive the sheet and gave Trine a 0. In reality, they received a 3.3 for the event which put their total score at 72.95. My apologies for not catching this error ahead of time.
Special congratulations to the winners:
- 1st Place: Calera
- 2nd Place: Purdue University
- 3rd Place: Trine University
- Customer Choice Award: Alfred State College (selected by JAARS - a leader in mission logistics & technology)
- Most Innovative Feature: Purdue University for their belt transmission
- Best Free Style Design University of Cincinnati – Club 1
- Enduro Event Winner: Calera
Thank you to the teams donating their vehicles:
- Northern Illinois University: Kenya
- Union University: Kenya or Haiti
- Purdue University: Cameroon, Africa
PR: Teams are encouraged to notify their university Public Relations department ASAP. They will assist you in submitting an article to your local newspaper. Please email me your favorite 3 photos and favorite video clip from the competition.
Employment: If you are interested in an internship, please send me your resume.
Thank you also for keeping safety a priority.
Institute for Affordable Transportation